Bored! was formed in Geelong by Grant Gardner, Adrian Hann, Justin Munday, John Nolan and Dave Thomas who was formerly of the band, Bodies. THeir band was named after the Destroy All Monsters song, "Bored." The band released their debut eponymous EP on the label Grown Up Wrong! and was later released on Sub Pop's English subsidiary, Glitterhouse. Despite low promotion and limited production, punk fans generally gave the album very positive reviews.
After releasing their first official studio album, Negative Waves, Gardner was replaced by Tim Hemensley. They released Take It Out on You before Nolan and Hemensley left to form Powder Monkeys in'91. After new recruitments, the band released three more albums and disbanded in 1993.
Dave Thomas joined a band he managed called Magic Dirt for 1995-1997. In 2005, Hememsley died. In 1997 and 2000, Bored! temporarily reformed and toured during 2000.
- Grant Gardner – bass guitar (1987–1989)
- Adrian Hann – keyboards (1987)
- Justin 'Buzz' Munday – drums (1987–1993)
- John Nolan – guitar (1987–1991)
- Dave Thomas – guitar, vocals (1987–1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
- Tim Hemensley – bass guitar, vocals (1989–1991)
- Russell Baricevic – bass guitar, vocals (1991–1993, 1997, 1998, 1999)
- Tas Blizzard – guitar (1991)
- Matt Randall – rhythm guitar (1997, 1998, 1999)
- Matt Daley – guitar (2000)
- Mark Stacey – drums (2000)
- Ben Watkins – bass guitar (2000)